Saturday, July 18, 2009

Do we have to leave the beach?


Oh the freckles that arrived today- each a kiss from God. It is an absolutely stunning day, just a mild breeze to offset the bright sun, crisp surf perfect for cooling the sun's rays and just wonderful waves for surfing and swimming. There is no strong under toe or rip tides and waves are full surfers. I don't think my kids or husband walked on dry land much of the day- they are going to be shriveled like prunes! As for me and little E, we're just thankfully soaking it all in.
There are a ton of boys ready for a good game of wiffle ball today. It is so cool how a section of our beach seems permanently reserved as a baseball diamond. They play a few innings then race to the ocean to ride a few waves. The last I heard, the score was tied.
You know its a good beach day when it's still packed at 5:15. Now the dilemma is what to do for dinner. I think that today will just be hot dogs on the grille and baked beans but I sure am hungry for some of my summer favorites like homemade salsa with mango and corn, crab salad with mixed greens, green beans with walnuts and chocolate meringue with raspberries. YUM. I think I'll write a summer living cookbook! Though that will have to wait for a day when the sun is not so brilliant and the water less glistening. TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment